Breakfast: not shown 1 slice sourdough toast
The 8 week blood sugar diet cookbook : speedy spicy beans recipe (no red pepper flakes) page 250
Morning Tea : kombucha 1/2 cup
Asian chicken salad
1/3 cup Rockmelon 1/2 slice lite ham, 2 crackers
Dinner: Chinese banquet (no rice)
Steamed Mini Dim Sum with lite sweet chili sauce
Homemade white garlic sauce w prawns
Asian greens (wombok, shallot, snow peas) & mushroom with chinese oyster sauce
Supper : 1 cup dry ginger ale zero sugar
Honey sauce is quick and easy to make. We are fortunate to get 100% honey straight from beehive.
Ingredients makes 1 dish
- 1tsp gluten free cornflour
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3Tb honey
- Option add 1Tb sesame seeds
- Mix cornflour and water together in as jar with lid on and shake until no more lumps.
- Add honey and shake jar until all mixed.
- Heat it up when adding to battered or braised poultry, prawns or beef.
Sweet & Sour Sauce with gluten free Sausages & organic basmati rice
This is the perfect sweet and sour sauce to go with pork, chicken or fish, sausages .
Sweet and sour sauce
Ingredients serves 2
- 1tb organic passatta
- 3tb organic ketchup or salt reduced tomato sauce
- 1tsp organic minced garlic
- 1tb shao xing (chinese cooking wine)
- 3tb Brown sugar
- 1Tb white vinegar
- 1tb gluten free cornflour mixed with the water
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube salt reduced Massells.
- 1tb 100% pure sesame oil
- Place ingredient in saucepan
- Stir over heat until boils then turn off heat
- Stir until thickens
- Serve with pork, chicken, fish, sausages
Sweet and Sour sausage with vegetables
Sweet and sour sausages with vegetables
Ingredients serves 2
- 4 Gluten free Sausages
- 1qty sweet and sour sauce
- 1 Celery,
- 1 Organic carrot,
- 1/2 Brown onion,
- 1 green shallot,
- 1/4 green capsicum,
- 5 baby corn spears
- Steamed organic basmati Rice
- Cook sausages in non stick skillet until cooked through. Shake pan often for even cooking.
- Prepare vegetables while sausages are cooking. Cut with crinkle cutter on diagonal or slice on diagonal with knife.
- Cut each sausage into 4 pieces.
- Cook rice by absorption method in microwave for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Add vegetables and cook for 4 -5 minutes shaking pan.
- Add sauce and mix through until sauce steams.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Asian White Garlic sauce
Ingredients makes 2 small mason jars of sauce/serves 4
- 1tbs minced organic garlic
- 1tb salt reduced chicken stock powder
- 1cup water
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tb shao xing cooking wine
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1tb gluten free Cornflour slurry
- 1/2 tsp raw organic sugar
- Restaurants add soy/oyster sauce for Brown garlic sauce
- Place all ingredients into saucepan
- Bring to boil
- Then simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
Garlic Brown sauce
Garlic Brown Sauce
Ingredients serves 2
- 1/2 qty Asian white garlic sauce (recipe as above)
- 1tb lite soy sauce
- 1tb chinese oyster sauce
- 1tsp organic ginger minced
- Same as Asian white garlic sauce
- Then add remaining ingredients for Brown Garlic sauce
Both Asian Garlic sauces can be used with prawns, fish, chicken or vegetables served with steamed rice.
Brown Garlic sauce can also be used with beef and served with asian greens, broccoli, snow peas.
Chinese short soup
Homemade Chinese wontons with Thai sweet chili sauce
Pot sticker, wonton, dim sim, shu mai
(Photo shows just before being cooked)
Pastry makes 16 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup 00 flour + dusting
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Light twist of sea salt
- 1/8 cabbage leaf shredded finely
- 1/8 organic carrot diced
- 1 organic button mushroom diced
- 1/4 green shallot diced
- 1 rissole or pork mince
- Optional 1tb water chestnuts diced
- Make pastry mix all together until smooth
- Knead to a smooth ball on lightly floured board
- Set aside for 15minutes
- Then knead 2min
- Roll out into thin pastry
- Use a glass (I used shot glass to get easier shape) and cut into round discs
- Lightly flour both sides
- Leave to rest while you prep the filling
- Cut ingredient as listed
- Put all filling into bowl and mix well
- Use a melon baller to get a round ball of filling.
- Place in centre of disc th e n bring up sides of pastry to form a moon shape. If dough splits work gently use a little of the off cuts to patch the dough nor it will explode when cooking.
- Get a fork and press the edge to seal it. Do this on both sides.
- Place on plate and rot steps 12-14 until all dough is used.
- Place plate on fridge to firm up the dough. Approx 10min.
- Then to Cook wontons
- place wontons in microwave steamer (water in bottom of steamer) cook for 2 minutes
- boiling water with chicken stock powder.
- Pan-fry in non stick skillet with 1tsp 100% pure sesame oil