This is the same as yellow curry sausages dinner from last week just in bulk for 20 people. Photo taken without sausages added.
Filipino Adobo Chicken Legs for 24 Continue reading “Catering: 24 Adobo Chicken Legs”
Being a qualified caterer by trade, I hate to see food wasted when others do catering that don’t know quantities. I try to serve correct portion sizes when doing catering jobs (I don’t get paid for them as it’s all voluntary work, so my costs is ingredients only if listed for catering jobs)
I often get asked how much food do I need for 20+ serves.
Here is what I do.
- if it’s stand up finger food/high tea allow 4-6 pieces per person
If it’s a main sit down meal for 20
- 100g per person(*raw weight is 150g per person as it shrinks when it’s cooked)
- for sausages allow 2 thin per person,
- mince I use 2kg for 20 people
- if purchasing whole chicken I get 4 and get them to cut into 8 pieces each chicken
- if it’s a pulled chicken dish 3-4 whole chickens
- if it’s drumstick 1 per person
- if it’s skewered meat 2 per person
- If it’s large prawns you can get away with 3 per person
- 2x casserole dishes (that each casserole dish serves 10 people)
- 1x 20 litre slow cooker/crockpot serves 20 people
- 2kg salad
salads/vegetables (1 cup cooked veg or 1 cup salad is a normal serve)
- 2kg salad for 20 people
- 2x large baking tray serves 20 people for cooked/roast vegetables
- a roll per person have half whole meal and half white
- 4 garlic bread cut into 8 for 20 people
- 2kg rice/pasta for 20 people (* these days with many not eating rice/pasta due to paleo/keto etc I do 1 kg for 20 people of normal and provide 1kg cauliflower ‘rice’ or shirataki noodles for those on paleo/keto)
drinks non alcoholic
- each fizzy bottle you would normally get 5 standard cups per 1.25ltr bottle so for 20 you need x4 bottles per hour and have some sparkling mineral water or ginger beer/ginger ale for those who don’t want soft drink. You can also serve juice.
- Tea coffee I get in bulk container and 2-3 Ltrs milk per 20 people plus sugar I allow 2tsp per cup x 40 cups for 20 people (2 cups per function)
- Water jugs are a must
tip caterers will always over catering you order a catering job.
so I reduce meat by 1/3 or allow 100g per head
for 50 people:
5 kg Salad
for casseroles/soup 3x slow cookers (usually a slow cooker holds 2kg of food)
For rice/ pasta 5 kg for non paleo/keto
if paleo/keto use cauliflower ‘rice or shirataki rice/shirataki pasta.
Study Dinner and I am on the roster to cook for 15 tonight. Indian Theme tonight. At end of the night we had only 3 serves leftover. Continue reading “Dinner #86”