Bahn mi inspired roll
Marinade: serves 2
- 1tb Thai fish sauce
- 1 palm sugar cube grated
- 1tsp kaffir lime shredded
- 1tsp tamarind paste
- 3tb water
- 1tb Kepjap Manis
- Mix marinade well in saucepan on low heat on stove until sugar dissolves.
- Add 2x chicken beast fillets cut into strips & 1 ham steak cut into strips to marinade
- Marinate minimum 30min preferably overnight to get flavour into meat.
- 2 crusty long rolls
- 2tb pickled ginger
- 8 batons pickled daikon
- 1/2 carrot, use peeler to make ribbons
- 2tsp kewpie mayo
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 92 handfuls fresh lettuce
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1qty marinated chicken as above
- 1 ham steak marinated as above
- Make Marinade : mixed marinade ingredients in saucepan on stove until sugar is dissolved. Place 1/2 into 1 container w lid, with chicken. The other half with ham steak cut into strips. Cover with lids. place in fridge.
- Assemble roll. From top of the roll cut into through top lengthwise 3/4 of way down the roll
- Spread 1tsp mayo clinic on both insides of the roll. Repeat with 2nd roll.
- Place 1/2 qty of each lettuce, carrot, daikon in roll. Repeat with remaining 2nd roll.
- Cook chicken and ham until cooked through. If it starts to stick add a teaspoon of water to make a sauce scraping bottom.bits of and pan. Add to roll with sauce from pan.
- Top with pickled ginger, herbs and chili flakes.