Japanese sukiyaki hot pot ( my version with what was available )
Ingredients Serves 4
Noodles and vegetables
- 1 packet slendier (konjac) angel hair noodles
- 1 bok choy sliced
- 1 park choy sliced
- 1/8 cabbage sliced
- 1/2 celery sliced on diagonal with crinkle cutter
- 1 green shallot sliced on diagonal
- 1/4 onion sliced
- 5 baby corn spears cut into 3rds
- 5 brown mushroom left hole but decorate top but removing some of the peel
- 1 handful snow peas cut on diagonal
- 1 handful fresh bean shoots(or water chestnuts)
- 1 handful fresh bean sprouts
- 1 organic carrot sliced on diagonal with crinkle cutter
- 1 packet firm tofu cut into squares.
Hot Pot broth
- 1-2tb sukiyaki sauce
- 1 cup stock made of 1tb of each mirin, sake, tamari, miso, palm sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 grass fed beef steaks sliced into thin strips
Serve with options
- 1 egg boiled sliced
- 1tb pickled ginger
- Extra 1-2tb sukiyaki sauce
- Boil egg for 8 minutes then take shell off slice add to a large serving platter.
- Slice vegetables and put on to the sharing platter
- Slice beef leave on separate plate.
- When you are ready to serve Make hot pot broth bring to boil and place broth in large noodle bowls( or clay and pot)
- To eat you have bowl of broth each then serve whatever you want off the platter into the broth. The hot broth cooks the meat and vegetables. Add pickled ginger.
- Serve with a little extra sukiyaki sauce. Enjoy!