Pot sticker, wonton, dim sim, shu mai
(Photo shows just before being cooked)
Pastry makes 16 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup 00 flour + dusting
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Light twist of sea salt
- 1/8 cabbage leaf shredded finely
- 1/8 organic carrot diced
- 1 organic button mushroom diced
- 1/4 green shallot diced
- 1 rissole or pork mince
- Optional 1tb water chestnuts diced
- Make pastry mix all together until smooth
- Knead to a smooth ball on lightly floured board
- Set aside for 15minutes
- Then knead 2min
- Roll out into thin pastry
- Use a glass (I used shot glass to get easier shape) and cut into round discs
- Lightly flour both sides
- Leave to rest while you prep the filling
- Cut ingredient as listed
- Put all filling into bowl and mix well
- Use a melon baller to get a round ball of filling.
- Place in centre of disc th e n bring up sides of pastry to form a moon shape. If dough splits work gently use a little of the off cuts to patch the dough nor it will explode when cooking.
- Get a fork and press the edge to seal it. Do this on both sides.
- Place on plate and rot steps 12-14 until all dough is used.
- Place plate on fridge to firm up the dough. Approx 10min.
- Then to Cook wontons
- place wontons in microwave steamer (water in bottom of steamer) cook for 2 minutes
- boiling water with chicken stock powder.
- Pan-fry in non stick skillet with 1tsp 100% pure sesame oil