- Please note that I am trailing out Lectin Free Food items due to autoimmune inflammation problems at the moment and will not be having nightshade foods unless they are cooked in a pressure cooker and skinned and deseeded eg tomato, zucchini, beans if at all consumed)
- Nightshades are known to be inflammatory for many and can flare up joint issues, digestive symptoms, and other inflammatory diseases. Those with the following conditions are certain groups of people that may have nightshade issues…Rheumatoid arthritis, Any joint issues, Digestive issues or “IBS”
Autoimmune disease. Night shade foods cause inflammation in some people and I am one of them. All nightshade plants contain compounds called alkaloids. Here is a list of nightshades: tomatoes, eggplant( Aubergine), capsicum(bell peppers), Chili, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, starchy vegetables eg corn, peas, potato, pumpkin, Beans, Goji Berries, Red Spices, Blueberries, Artichokes
- Zucchini and Okra, Beans include kidney beans, black beans, green beans, sugar snap peas, Sweet Potato, Lentils, Some Gluten foods, also have lectins as well as the nightshade vegetables.
- I also have low carb restrictions so feel free to add your carbs eg sweet potato
- For years I haven’t had carbs for breakfasts but rather salads or leftovers from night before