Pasta salad are great for lunch as they fill you up. Normally I use gluten free pasta when I can get it.
The order of making these dishes:
- make a salad first
- cook the pasta with just enough water to cover it , 8min in microwave ,
- cook poultry while pasta is cooking, cut into thin strips or cubes for quick cooking.
- drain pasta but leave 1Tb pasta water and add pasta and water to sauce/dressing. See tip*
- add cooked meat to pasta with dressing and mix well.
- add salad to large bowl and toss with pasta & mix well
- plate in serving dish
*Tip: The starchy water helps the sauce/dressing to stick to pasta.