Shahi Mahal Indian Restaurant -261 The Entrance Road, The Entrance, NSW, 2261 Phone: 0243345008
This fantastic Indian Restaurant isn’t on the main street but well worth finding. We had a booking though we got there a half hour early as we werent from the local area and had to find the place. No one else was in the restaurant the whole time but they had takeout delivery orders coming through while we were there.
The meal was a great Indian Feast that filled both my husband and I up with no room to spare.
We ordered the Banquet for 2. It was advertised on their website as Chefs Special Banquet $39.90 Per Person / For Table ( Min 2 ppl ) Dine In Only Lamb chops, Chicken Tikka, spring Roll & Banana fish Choice of any four curries ( Except Lamb Chop Masala & lamb shanks) & all the main will be top up as much as you want and served with Plain Naan, Garlic Naan, Roti, Rice, Side Dish Platter & Dessert Platter (Pls No Left over food for Take away in Banquet) $39.90 per head.
What we actually got was
- Mint Chutney,
- Entrée : Sharing Platter
- 2 Lamb chops, 2 Chicken Tikka, 5 spring Roll & 2 Banana fish
- Choice of any two curries :
- Fish / Prawn cooked in chopped tomato gravy with pounded red chilli & coriander seeds
- Spicy Mahal chicken -Traditional spicy Indian curry with rich authentic flavours,
- Plain Naan,
- Garlic Naan,
- Rice (only the naan and rice refilled as much as you wanted),
- Side Dish Platter:
- Mango Chutney,
- Mix Pickle
- Dessert Platter .
- Gulab Jamun
- When ordering our curries the host tried to get us to order different curries than what we were asking for even though he said a number of times “any curry you want”. We stuck to what we wanted. It was a very filling banquet.
- Mango Lassi
Would definitely go back there and its one of the best Indian Restaurants we have eaten in. Central coast Indian restaurants are good value from what we have had in the last 4 months dined at 2 amazing ones including this one. We would rate them both 5/5
Photos are at my Pinterest board called eating out – central coast